Yum! My last post has inspired me to have salad for dinner tonight.
I am going to share my recipe with you. It has quite the variety of flavors when you bite into it so don’t be alarmed and have an open mind! Blueberry Goat Cheese Salad! Maybe you have heard of strawberry salad but tonight I tried something different. I had bought this goat cheese with blueberries for my mother. My mother has always had this passionate thing for blueberries. Offer her something with blueberries and she was there. Myself on the other hand could live without them. Even while growing up and picking fresh blueberries from my grandmothers backyard, I feel as though I never truly appreciated them. However, these days I have grown quite warm to these tiny super fruits, I absolutely love them fresh. Since the discovery of all the wonderful health benefits these little berries behold, I am saying to myself, self: maybe I should eat more of those. SO here is a yummy way I found to eat more blueberries! Add them to cheese and salad!
Blueberry Goat Cheese salad!
1 cup of fresh baby spinach leaves
1/2 – 2 cups of mixed leaf salad
1/2 tomato chopped
5 Kalamata olives
2 ounces of goat cheese with blueberries
1/2 – 1 4 ounce chicken breast
2 Tablespoons olive oil
Favorite spice mix
Jar of Sun-dried tomatoes
- First started with cleaning and slicing my chicken breast into desirable pieces.
- Heated my pan with 1 – 2 Tbsp olive oil, about 1 Tbsp of spice mix, which for me consisted of garlic powder, onion powder and Italian spices, and about 1 Tbsp of the sun-dried tomatoes chopped. Sautéed until hot.
- Add chicken pieces. (If you are a huge garlic fan now is the time to add 1 – 2 cloves of crushed garlic rather than the garlic powder, I just didn’t prepare it on hand). Cook thoroughly.
- Prepare Salad mixture: Leaf variety, spinach, tomatoes, olives.
- Pour sautéed chicken with olive oil and spices atop of the salad mix.
- Top with the goat cheese.
- Pour on desired amount of balsamic and serve.
You could add red onions or other vegetables of your liking to this salad, fresh fruits such as strawberries or pineapple, crushed pecans, almonds or walnuts and even mix in some flaxseed…. I could go on. The salad making possibilities are endless!
Maybe your wondering how I came up with that idea, or perhaps where did I get that cheese...
I found this cheese shopping at “BJ’s Whole sale club”. There are several varieties of goat cheese and some very good recipes on the website; Woolwhich Dairy Inc. I have yet to find it in the local grocery store. I had to check out this website on-line after discovering this new favorite food. My love for goat cheese started at a young age. My father, being Italian and brought up in Italy, had it served to him on a regular basis and often incorporated it into our household menu growing up. Glad I wasn’t afraid to try it! Now if only I could get my brother to eat it, we share a common love for cheese. If anyone tries the goat cheese or find a recipe that they enjoy please feel free to share!
Need something simpler?
Buon Appetito ~ Good eats ~ Have a great meal!