Almond Banana Pre-Workout Cookies/ Snacks
These cookies have protein, fat and carbohydrates in them. These nutrients are fuel for the body, making them a great choice to eat before a workout.
Each cookie also has about 50 mg of potassium which is also an ideal ingredient prior to exercising to prevent muscle cramps and aid in fluid balance.
Avoid eating too close to a workout. I suggest having a pre-workout meal 15 – 30 minutes before your workout.
At least 60 – 90 minutes of moderate intense exercise is recommended for adults 3 – 5 times a week.
Read more at CDC: http://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/everyone/guidelines/adults.html
1 whole Banana
1 cup Almond Meal
½ cup Almond Butter
1 TBSP Ground Flax
1 Whole Egg
Pinch of salt/spices as desired
1. Pre-heat oven to 375
2. Combine the almond flour, ground flax, pinch of salt, spices; cinnamon and stir
3. Stir banana, egg and almond butter
4. Combine flour mix with banana mix
5. Spray cookie sheet with PAM
6. Scoop 1 teaspoon of cookie on sheet (I used a melon ball scoop)
7. Should make about 20 cookies. The cookies don’t spread out so you can space them closer than I did.
8. Bake for 10 minutes
9. Cool and enjoy
Per Cookie 61 Calories 2 Protein(g) 5 Fat(g) 3 CHO (g) 1 Fiber(g) 47 Potassium (mg)